The Salisbury Mills Fire Department is currently battling a two-alarm house fire at 2 Nanuwitt Lane, located off Orrs Mill Road just off Route 94.
Orange County 911 received numerous calls of heavy fire showing as fire department units were being dispatched.
The Salisbury Mills Fire Department incident commander immediately transmitted a second alarm assignment.
- Vails Gate Fire Department is on scene with a ladder truck, as well as a pumper acting as FAST Team (Firefighter Assistance and Search Team).
- Washingtonville Fire Department is on the scene with a tanker.
- Cornwall Fire Department is on the scene with a pumper. They are now being dispatched with a tanker to respond.
- South Blooming Grove Fire Department is currently on the road responding with a pumper.
- Woodbury Fire Department was originally en route with a pumper to the Salisbury Mills firehouse to cover any other calls in the district. They were then redirected to the scene and are currently on the road.
- Chester Fire Department is assembling to respond to the Salisbury Mills firehouse to cover all other calls.
The incident commander first reported the attached garage was on fire, but it quickly spread to the remainder of the home. The house is reportedly 40′ x 20′, 1,236 square feet, and contains 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.